I Just Wana Eat

Enjoy Food. Enjoy Life.

Ah Loy @ Taman OUG

Posted by ijustwanaeat On 6:10 PM 0 comments

Read about Ah Loy in an old issue of Flavours/Maggi food guide, thus decided to give it a try. It is situated just behind Stephen's Corner at Taman OUG. Ah Loy is known for its curry mee and asam laksa. And the best part of this, we can also order from Ah Loy's neighbour, Hong Cha's pork noodle.

I prefer the open air area ie. to sit outside the restaurant. One thing that I must mention that the toilet is real stinky, and is to be avoided, if possible. :-(


Outside of Ah Loy

On the few times I was there, managed to try the asam laksa, the curry mee, and the pork noodle, and not forgetting to mention, the cold tau foo fa sold by this man whom his van is parked in front of Ah Loy.

The bowl of asam laksa is granished with cuts of pineapple, mint leaves and the prawn paste. I find the broth is a little too thick, and a little sourish.

Bowl of asam laksa. Price-RM4.50

For a person that seldom order curry mee, I really like this. A bowl is filled with lots of ingredients such as tofu puffs, cockles, beansprout, chicken and 'fu pei' / pig skin in its direct translation to Chinese. The first bite reminded me of when I had curry mee while I was in secondary school. The rich coconut milk used makes this bowl of laksa real aromatic, and while its sinful, I think its worth committing this 'sin' *<>*

Curry Mee. Price-RM4.50

The pork noodle sold by Ah Loy's neighbour - Hong Cha is also really good as the soup is really sweet.

Pork Noodle

Ah Loy Restaurant (behind Stephen Corner)

11 & 13, Jln Hujan Rahmat 3,

Taman OUG.

Tel : 03-7782 5001

Business Hours : 12nn - 11pm

Closed on 2nd Mondays

Hong Cha (neighbour to Ah Loy)

Business Hours : 5pm-11pm

Closed on Wednesdays

Tau Foo Fah (in front of Ah Loy)

Business Hours : 2pm-11pm

Closed on Monday

Categories: , ,

0 Response for the "Ah Loy @ Taman OUG"