I Just Wana Eat

Enjoy Food. Enjoy Life.

Simply Thai @ Taman Gembira, KL

Posted by ijustwanaeat On 11:56 AM 0 comments


I need to restart my momentum in blogging again. 

An almost once a year gathering close to Christmas led me to this, absolutely quaint yet surprisingly warm and well decorated Thai restaurant at the neighborhood area of Taman Gembira, KL.


Check out the hanging deco - from paper tang lung, to decorative umbrellas, and fanciful plates to deco the wall 

Nice leaves by the side of walls
Fish cake is one of my favorite started to any of my Thai meal. This fish cakes were fluffed with slightly thicker texture - filled with dense fish cake, and aromatic herbs. Absolutely yummy. 

Fish Cakes. Price-RM18.90 
The spring rolls were crispy, with fragrant taste of prawn fillings. However, felt the ingredients were loose ie. not enough.. 

Spring Rolls. Price-RM13.90

I prefer the clear tom yum soup, and this was surely a lift to my appetite. It carried the tangy taste that lingers in your mouth after each spoonful, the sourish balance with spiciness, despite I felt its a little over for my level of spicy tolerance. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed it. The portion at this price of RM15.90 was enough for the 4 of us - thus I would say, really worth it. 

Clear Tom Yam Chicken Soup. Price-RM15.90
The paku pakis that carried the slight slimmy texture was yumms - and the fragrant shrimp paste was absolutely delicious. The right kinda vege to complete a Thai meal. 

Paku Pakis with Shrimp Paste. Price-RM15.90 

The one dish that got us nodding non-stop was the BBQ Talapia Fish with Salt. It was grilled to perfection with the flesh tasting so fresh, and with just the right level of being cooked. The salt by the side on certain part of the skin added extra ummph, and not forgetting, the green chilli sauce. 

BBQ Talapia Fish with Salt. Price-RM49.90
The 2 desserts to end our meal, the Tup Tim Krob and the Mango Sticky rice. The waterchestnut was of the right size, crunchy with just enough coating (I've tried many with way too thick coating that gave me way too much slimy taste, and with insufficient waterchestnut to bite), and topped with stripes of jackfruit. I really enjoyed this. 

Tup Tim Krob. Price-RM6.90
Last but not least, the Mango Sticky Rice- the mango was so sweet, and accompanied by the sticky rice with the right texture, drizzled by coconut milk - also one of the best I've tried. 

Mango Sticky Rice. Price-RM10.90

The drinks were left out from my photos - but seriously, their milk tea needs to be in the must order list. Not to sweet, yet with the aromatic tea taste. 

Verdict : The ambiance and the food taste deserved many thumbs up. It is also a very clean restaurant, and spacious. A well suited place for gatherings, to those who enjoys Thai food. 

Simpy Thai
Unit LG2-1, Seri Gembira Avenue, 
6 Jalan Senang Ria, Taman Gembira, 
58200 KL
Tel : 03-7971 9511

Business Hours : Daily, 12nn-3pm, 5-11pm

For more details, visit their FB


Categories: ,

0 Response for the "Simply Thai @ Taman Gembira, KL "