I Just Wana Eat

Enjoy Food. Enjoy Life.

Chuai Heng @ Jalan Bukit Bintang

Posted by ijustwanaeat On 9:28 PM 0 comments

Had craving for dim sum the night before. Thus, arranged for lunch with Mr Hoo, and I usually will benefit much after each meet-up, due to his vast knowledge on the market happenings.

The traffic to in Bukit Bintang area was havoc on the particular Friday, which I later found out, Isetan sales could be 1 main contributing factor.

The last I've been to Chuai Heng was about 2 years + ago. When I stepped in, I had a very comfortable feeling, due to the spaciousness, and the warm setting, which seemed to be all time ready for wedding dinner/function.

Inside Chuai Heng

Overall, I really liked the dim sum here, as they are all tasty. They also offered a 20% discount. Nice!

Of all the items I ordered, I particularly liked the 'siu mai' which was so filled with meat and chunks of prawn, the steamed pork ribs with yam which was just so tasty, and the Shanghai Xiao Long Bao.

From top L, clockwise : Siu Mai. Price-RM5.44, Steamed Pork Ribs. Price-RM5.20,
Steamed Dumpling with fish and prawn. Price-RM6.50,
Shanghai Xiao Long Bao. Price-5.20 (price after discount, before tax)


The baked BBQ pork pastry was also yummy, as the pastry filled with BBQ pork was fluffy enough.
As for the others ie. eggtart, the egg custard was ok, however, felt the pastry was not fluffy enough,
the pan fried cake was ok, not too bad.
Of all, I didn't really like the deep fried durian pastry, as it doesn't has the kick of strong durian smell, and the kinda of batter doesn't seem went well with this dessert, as it feels a little like tempura batter.


From L : Egg tart. Price-RM4.64, BBQ pork pastry. Price-RM5.20, Pan fried carrot cake. Price-4.64,
Deep fried durian pastry. Price-8
(price after discount, before tax)


Mr Hoo and I

Will definitely be back here with more people, so that can try out more of the different kinds of dim sum.

Chuai Heng
231 Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-2141 5666

Categories: , ,

0 Response for the "Chuai Heng @ Jalan Bukit Bintang"