I Just Wana Eat

Enjoy Food. Enjoy Life.

Bubba Gump @ Sunway Pyramid

Posted by ijustwanaeat On 6:10 PM 3 comments

Bubba Gump restaurant is inspired by the 1994 movie "Forrest Gump" which offers feel down-home American southern charm and amusing dining experience.

Having vague memory of this movie, I till now only remember the most famous quote of of this movie being "my mama always say that Life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you're gonna get". Yes, I agree that this is how we should face life, always so full of surprises, and to take things as it comes.


I just love Bubba Gump's logo - cutie shrimp. Met up with Sharon for a small celebration 3 Fridays ago.

Being skeptical on how much we will be paid attention should we require one, as we are depending on this signs that are available on each table - flip to STOP if you need attention, and to RUN if everything is good. However, the crew at Bubba Gump has proven that it works, as within secs of flipping to STOP, we are being attended to. *<>*

STOP and RUN signs

I ordered the Blueberry Smoothie which is a concoction of blueberries, strawberries and non-fat vanilla frozen yoghurt, while Sharon had the Jenny's Favorite, a concoction of strawberries, cranberry juice and non-fat raspberry frozen yoghurt. Both tasted good, however felt the Blueberry Smoothie is s alittle too sweet.


Jenny's Favorite.Price-RM11.90, Blueberry Smoothie.Price-RM11.90

The appetiser we ordered was the shrimp and fish with golden corn, deep fried and served with Remoulade dippin sauce. I felt this was a little dry, and somehow didn't like this very much.

Hush Pups. Price-RM19.90

The other dish that we ordered was the charbroiled cajun spiced Baramundi with bourbon street sauce and shrimp, served over mashed potato. Love the fish and the sauce.

Bourbon Street Baramundi. Price-RM29.90

Me & Sharon , my ex-schoolmate from Convent Klang

We were joined by 2 old friends from school days whom though only had drink, paid for the bill. So nice of them (Thanks BL for the meal).

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co Restaurant

OB.K2, OB.K3, OB.K3C & OB.K3D,
Oasis Boulevard, Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall,
NO 3 Jalan PJS 11/15, Bandar Sunway,
46150 PJ
Tel : 03-5638 4559
Fax : 03-5632 4559

** Halal

(my actual visit here : 080509)

Categories: , ,

3 Response for the "Bubba Gump @ Sunway Pyramid"

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.
  2. Anonymous says:

    I had the blueberry smoothie, and it was the best smooothie/milkshake I've ever had.

    I tried copying the recipe, but it didn't come out right. :P

  3. the restaurant wasn't 'inspired' by the movie. The movie was shot at the first Bubba Gump franchise located in New Orleans, Louisiana. So the one here in Sunway is another franchise. I've been to the one in New Orleans and it was absolutely amazing. Cajun food made by cajun chef =) I've yet to try the one here in Sunway, but I shall make my way there soon! Inshallah this Sunday! =)